Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Blue 42.. Red 41.. Hut 1 Hut 2 Hut Hut...



June 8 - 10
- - - watch for the audible - - - - Hike ! Nothing better than teaching Romanian kids good ol' American football. They enjoyed it a lot. What they really enjoyed was the celebration dance and special hi-5 (slap high then come around and slap down low) after a touchdown. I think they wanted touchdowns just to do that.

Trying to get that bbq going. Nothing like a good'ol picnic with a bbq (no brats, dogs, or burgers though - would've liked) Mici (burger substitue), chicken, and vegetables were on the grill menu.


Reading more about the EU and how to apply for grants for both the Unemployment Agency and Youth Center. Still trying to make Roma contacts as well. Startied actually writing a small grant for the Youth Center in Severin (I could use an English class myself).



June 18 - 19

Established my apartment !! FINALLY !! and applied for my Legitamatci (legalizes my stay here in Romania since my visa actually expired long ago). When I went to the police station I thought that was going to be my address for the next two years since they were, not quite yelling but talking very loud and literally tossed my passport to the side and chuckled. Talk about running around a ton, getting stamps, paying taxes, waiting in the lines. The worse part is, there are fans right there but no one wants to use them (because of the curent) and it is HOT !!



June 20 - will be heading to Onesti to visit Bryan and check out the unemployment agency.
June 24 - July 1 - Camp America which we will be talking to kids in English and getting involved in small programs with them for one week.

Anyone can check out my yahoo calendar as well, shows where I'll be, dates, b-days, etc:
http://calendar.yahoo.com/travelwh

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, did you get hit by that nasty storm yesterday? We saw that a couple of folks died up in your area yesterday.

Hope you're well.

Steve said...

No, I was in Ocland a small village in Transylvania. Thanks for the concern. I'm on the top floor and thankfully the roof to my apartment did not get blown off which many roofs did.