Thursday, August 30, 2007

Corcova - Rroma community







I went with my organization to a Rroma community in the Mehedinti County (my city's county) to verify and see if people require social assistance (more of an observer). Of course they were observing me as well to see if I had any extra appendages or if I brought my UFO with me. After a couple of minutes I started to talk to the kids and then to some of the adults. When asked if I can take their photo, they were not shy at all and started calling other kids and people to get their picture taken, especially when I told them I wanted to share the photos with people back in the states. I am hoping to meet with one of the Rroma heads in Severin in order to learn more about the relationship between the Rroma population and Romania and will hopefully be able to share it with all of you.

No comments: