Saturday, September 1, 2007

Timisoara - Romani Art Festival



Elvis Romano Romani Band swinging it up
Unirii Square




My coworker invited me to go to Timisoara since he was buying a new car. In the spirit of trying to get to know people in my community, I turn down no offers. My co-worker, Domnul Traian speaks very good English but only speaks to me in Romanian, which he forces me to speak which really helps a lot as I can speak but still trying to get over a certain hump. He was heading back Saturday back to Severin and I decided to stay and meet up with other Peace Corps volunteers to check out the Romani Art Festival going on in Timisoara.
Although the festival could've used a touch of help in event planning, it turned out to be a perfect day to rome around Timisoara trying to find the events going on with other volunteers. This is probably one of the nicest cities in Romania (in my opinion) and one of the ones closest to me, about 4 hrs away, which doesn't seem like much after travelling 15 hrs by train to the Black Sea (that left a scar).

No comments: