Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Almost a T.K.O. (Technical Knock-out)





The one Catholic Church (Sfantu Anton - St Anthony's) in DT Severin is replacing their whole roof since the old one was literally rotting away. Because they need workers and can only afford a few everyday, they are using volunteers from the church. After seeing some of the kids help clearing/cleaning the roof, I started to volunteer. Well it was almost over before it began on day one. First, I was moving/rolling a large (4x4) board and did not notice another board was attached to it, all of a suddent 'Whap !' right in the cheek, saw stars on that one. Then going up the spiral staircase at average speed (little dark at the top) 'Bam !' Top of head, meet low ceiling, saw stars and birds with that one. Then curiousity settled in and never actually being in a bell tower (most people would've called it a day, but oh no, not me. It's right under the clock in the above pictures), I climbed up to the top to take a look at the bell, noticing it, messing around with it, I accidentally 'Gong'ed it, regardless of the fact that my ear was right there (course I heard bells ringing in my head with that one), so what do I do? I try to hurry up and hug the bell to quell the bong and proceed to whisper, 'please, please, shhhh...' , nope didn't work, so I went down and hid for awhile. Second day? St. Anthony was much nicer to me, wasn't sure if he wanted me there.



No comments: