Monday, October 1, 2007

Turda Festival




My legs were getting a little toasty






Every so often, other volunteers need help from other volunteers to set-up and help run a program,project or festival in this case. One Peace Corps volunteer was helping organize Turda Festival which raises funds for Romanian projects. I assisted in set-up and helped with the the hot-air balloon, as I'm sure most of you know my expertise with hot-air ballooning, zilch, but it proved to be very exciting. Also, every once in awhile, I would get stopped by kids and they would ask me questions since I think I appear a little different to them. I would explain a little about myself, ask about them, then teach them the cool handshake (high five up high then down low in one continuous motion) and as you can see in one of the pics, a boy flexing to show me his muscles.

No comments: